Friday, January 3, 2014

On Your Mark..Get Set...

For those that saw the New Year as a new start and  made goals, the odds are against you.  Many of us forget the resolutions and goals, at the latest;  February first!  By April first we begin  rehanging clothes on the workout machine.  "I need the space for Spring clothes."

 I'll be looking far down the road. So in July, we should again start in small increments of reachable tasks to accomplish the monthly mission to arrive at the year end goal. We  wonder, could it be?
 life systems and planning will result in an enjoyable flow,resulting in  less stress and drudgery?

Weekly and monthly, after prayer;  I can track and evaluate to adjust or keep intentionally walking toward the target or desired attitude and/or action.I  have experienced the alternative wondering "How did I get here? The answer being; that's what I prepared for myself.  They say: Fail to plan and you plan to fail!  Planning from God's leading and purposes may take you out of your comfort zone but you'll discover you wouldn't desire to be anywhere else.

In a lifestyle of  loving God and loving Others! What can I do this weekend, to be off  out of the blocks, headed down the course Monday?
  1. Pray
  2. Consider the actions of last year. Think/dream what you need this year to look like.
  3. review goals/reevaluate smaller goals and effectiveness. (every month!)
  4. make a list of  the desired books to read (changeable).  Read the introduction of first selection this weekend.
  5. Slightly exercise if beginner. (especially if  we are a couch potato).
  6. plan for free down time
  7. print out/buy a daily weekly planner. Begin to fill it in for the next and following  week.
  8. plan what's best for you not what others are doing.
  9. begin looking for an organization/cause/church  to volunteer.
  10. Pray
 Please forgive me if I leave the blocks to soon. I know I'm slower than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...