Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An Example for Life and Ministry.

The Book of Acts chapter 20 speaks about Paul headed for Jerusalem.  Paul assumes this is a one way voyage.  So while on the way and not having  E-mail, fax or facebook, he takes time to send word to the Elders of the church in Ephesus to meet him in Miletus. 

They arrive and he begins speaking, saying:  "You know how I lived the whole time I was with you.  See the word whole. He was consistent in his lifestyle and ministry. I'm sure you knew you could come to Paul with questions and he would always make himself available.  You can bet there was stability and consistency in his message the whole time.

He told how he served the Lord with humility and tears. Oh I pray while you and I teach, preach and work in the neighborhood it is with a soft heart and a Godly desire for the souls of men, women, boys and girls. Pride is a big killer in ministry from the pew to the platform.  May you and I, do ministry with tears and a broken heart for souls and christian growth.

 He preached the word. I believe he stood before the church publicly, during those years, teaching and encouraging and warning. Paul said that he also went from house to house. I see him visiting and praying at the homes of the church at Ephesus. I bet he went and knocked on a  few neighborhood doors to see if they were open so God could love them through him.


What was his message?  vs.21, They must turn to God in repentance, AND have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Paul, always developing disciples and leaders, encouraged  these men to watch over there flocks as shepherds. It is sad that we have ranchers instead of shepherds,  herding there cattle to get work done and to build our kingdoms.

20:31-35. His ministry was day and night.  "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak...."

He left and sat sail for Jerusalem.  Along the way his team did not want him to go, for it would be dangerous. He then said something that I wonder if I could say:  "I am ready to die in Jerusalem for the name of Jesus Christ."

In all we do let us agree as they did in chapter 21:14: "THE LORD"S WILL BE DONE!"

Please go and read Acts Chapters 20, 21 for yourself and see, with intent to follow Paul's example in life and ministry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...