Monday, December 2, 2013

A COLD CHRISTMAS!

It's December before Christmas and I don't want to peak on the first few days and get brain freeze on The Eve of Christ's birthday celebration.  But I've witnessed actions and attitudes already that would just break the heart of ol' Scrooge.

It becomes near to impossible for a church or any community organization to be of service for a lack of volunteers.  One person, no matter how loving or having charisma has ability or strength to carry the load single handed.  It could possibly be handed over to a church or organization with a deeper bench and a better... why.

We pray for open doors to share the Gospel and aid those who less fortunate.  (Those who are at no  fault of their own).

MAYBE WE ARE PACING OURSELVES

I have seen help rushed to different victims of recent weather disasters. I salute and brag on them.  Think about the freezing people on the street, under a bridge. Trolls as far as some are concerned.  Like everything else it is the small minority that comes to the aid of the helpless.  The birthday of Jesus yet no one tells about it, never bringing up His death. This Savior and gift that God has sacrificially given to the world. We look upon the daily unfortunate ones as business as usual  or inconveniences to deal with. We are to busy with our "holiday" plans and menu.  There is the Cantata "Go tell it on the Mountain" after all and we have to practice!

"Are there no prisons?  "and the union workhouses"? "I wish to be left alone...Since you asked me what I wish, that is my answer."  "If they had rather die they had better do it and decrease the surplus population."
"It's not my business. It's enough for a man to understand his own. Mine occupies me constantly."-Scrooge.

"Others Lord others,
let this my motto be.
Others Lord others,
 that I may be like thee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...