Friday, January 8, 2016

More From "Back to school" by Tim Flener



   “The ministry? You know I'll support you and pray with you. I thought you wanted to be an accountant or something.”
  “ Yeah, but Jasmine, I'm being drawn into this place of.. connecting with God and people in a special way. I can't explain it. I know your parents would frown against it maybe, but if it's to be, it just is. Besides, I plan to pray and get your input, my parent's and Pastor Will may have some words, I don't...”
  “Maybe we could go to school together. Do you know one? I can hear it now; “Here is the Reverend, and Mrs. Anderson now.”
Reverend? Mrs?”
You have a problem with that?”
I don't, but you might, after a year or so. It would be Pastor, not Reverend. Besides, you should be Miss America, not with some pastor of a small church in anywhere USA.”
Let's step back and pray about it.”
Before she went into the house, sitting in his car, she took his hand and this time, she led in prayer;
  “Dear God, We thank you again for your salvation and presence in our daily lives. Holy Spirit lead us as we go to school and bless our relationships with friends and family. We are in our senior year and we are facing, important life decisions. We ask for your ideas, will, power and love to carry them out. Dear Lord, we love you and each other. We want to live or walk according to your Spirit and not the flesh. We need your wisdom and discernment."  





 http://www.amazon.com/Back-School-Project-Nehemiah-rebooted/dp/1500850195/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1452261384&sr=1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...