Saturday, February 22, 2014

Only two things people have to do.

It was not to long ago someone said "A person has to live you know" which was followed by the famous reply; "No a person has to die!" Actually it is said there are only two things people HAVE TO DO;  pay taxes and die.

I've completed my taxes, nothing else left to do but the other.  To be honest I hope dieing doesn't have to be done by April 15th.  We know without a doubt, you and I don't have to wonder or ask someone;
"Should I pay my taxes?" You know you do.

 There are many things in the Bible we do not have to ask about.  "Should I tell someone about God loving this world and Christ dieing for them?"  Jesus commissioned us to do just that. It is the very mission we have been given and what Christians have been doing since the first century. If I love God, I wonder why we would even ask.  We are to love God with all of our heart, mind and soul and love others as I love myself.  More so than, paying taxes!  Yet have we even given God a thought all week?

You always hear about someone who refuses to pay taxes or desires to keep that money for themselves. Always trying to fool the government.  You may fool the numbers people and not pay, but you will die. 

Actually three things are certain; 1. taxes. 2. wages of sin? death. 3.  Gift of God is eternal life.  At the right time Jesus came to pay your price and provide power over sin and death.  The idea is to trust in the life, death and resurrection of Christ as your only hope for covering sin and eternity spent with God.

So....give Caesar what is Caesars and Give God what is His.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...