Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kingdom Etiquette

There is a way (so I've heard) to properly eat in public.  Perhaps dining at a special restaurant or someone's home.  There are correct knives and forks to use, while eating slowly (so I've heard) and talking at an appropriate volume.  I suppose it would be wise as well, not to sit in the hosts place at the table.

Social etiquette has demands.  Kingdom etiquette has it's demands as well.

FirstHumility-  We arrive at a point where we realize we are a sinner and my righteousness is like filthy rags. As one book says; I find out it's not about me but living a lifestyle of worship. after trusting in Christ as Saviour I must decrease and He must increase.  I don't ask God for help and forgiveness while demanding my rights.  Humility also speaks of turning my cheek, walking the extra mile and living well with others even dimming my pride and loving my enemies as I love myself.

Second.  We are to invite and include- This gospel is not for my eyes only. John wrote: "and He Himself is the propitiation of our sins, and not for our sins only but also for the whole world."  It is who ever will, and who ever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved! Your message is to important and the hour is late. It is time to go out to the highways and byways and invite them to be a part of this family of God.

ThirdAcceptance- No one should ever hear because of status :"You are not welcome here."-  We are to include them once they become a part of God's Kingdom, remember they are not always looking for a friendly church but friends as well. They can be included as they are trained for the work of the ministry as they themselves, invite and include others!

I suppose there are some Kingdom people reading this who use proper Kingdom etiquette;
  1.  Humilty
  2. Inviting and Including
  3. Accepting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...