Thursday, October 3, 2013

NO PARKING! (here I am being transparent)

     It's been a long four years at home on disability, caused by blood clots and high dosage of  thinners,  accompanied by type 2 diabetes  in addition to the  aggravations that go along with them.  Before and even during this time I have had the opportunity to speak at churches and fill in for pastors on vacation. I was most happy before these ailments to spend an entire year speaking and volunteer shepherding a small congregation at a local church.

     Prior to disability I was a long distance as well as a local driver and at the same time doing the above teaching and platform speaking at churches. I have read very much while on disability. For a year we led as leader/pastor, a dieing church. it didn't end positively.  I pulled the plug on me instead.  I felt like the NFL coach that takes a team to the Superbowl and the next season loses six in a row. I do love church and community involvement and will continue to do so.

                                                              TO MUCH INFORMATION.

      That is more than you care to know in two paragraphs.  But I've been asking myself ;WHY?
It seems as if I have wasted These past few years not accomplishing much. Keeping safe.
Saying that, I look at people my age and  observe the level of expertise and successes in the business
world as well as church ministry and wonder WHY did I not go for it, pray and make the right decisions.

                                                       HOW, IS THE NEXT QUESTION

        We all want to be a help and add value to our circle of life God has placed us in.  If I indeed wasted the past I will  refuse to waste the wasted time and will learn from it while looking toward  a good present and future.  The education begins and maybe you and I may decide to:

                      * read and learn/be inspired by blogs
                      * study websites and the minds and success of  other individuals
                      * study biographies
                      * read as many books as possible
                      * become an expert without becoming a know it all
                      * allow others to invest in us and then invest in others
                      * write a blog/tweet/book/course
                      * pray as if it depended upon God and work as if it all depended upon you
                      * read a chapter of Proverbs,Psalms and Acts from the Bible every day

                                   -The Bible says to write down the vision and run with it!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...