Wednesday, October 2, 2013

REPENT !

"I messed up. I'm sorry so sue me"!  That doesn't sound like true repentance. We have heard someone either face to face or on television cry crocodile tears which in reality were sorry they got caught.  The phrase "I'm sorry I did it"  accompanied with "but if you didn't..." isn't  showing real repentance.

                                                   "I'M GOING TO CHANGE" !

True repentance is more of a change of mind and /or heart.  It requires a new look at lifestyle or mindset toward our behavior that has been incorrect and even damaging to others as well as self and correcting and adjusting the actions. When I say I'm sorry and the behavior stays the same the society sees it as inconsistent and we lose their trust.

                < "I USED TO WALK IN THIS DIRECTION, NOW I WALK IN THIS DIRECTION">

After watching an inspirational speech or reading a book  and listening to a great sermon the result is often repentance.  A realization arises that a thought or lifestyle was incorrect and change is required. Permanently.

"Wow. I've been:   Procrastinating                      
                            Lazy
                            Gossiping
                            Lying
                            Selfish

"Now, I'll be:        Intentional
                            Relentless 
                            Encouraging
                            A Blessing

 Write out your new behavior something like:
I'm picking myself up and I'm going to start/finish:  writing the book, do the report, the assignment, relationship, volunteering, the Bible, Seth Godins latest book, and hit the ground running and be a great addition to the circle of life God has placed me in.

                                *OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY, ALL THINGS MADE NEW*

                          
 
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...