Friday, October 25, 2013

Somewhere in town.

"Where's your ol' lady and my food."?
'I hope you starve, loser".
'watch that mouth punk! Get back in that room"!
 "I don't want to be out here with you anyway".
"I wish you were never born."
" Well I wish you would die"

Thirteen year old Paul and his mom's boyfriend had words everyday.

Huddled against the wall was Paul's younger brother mike. Mike was tossed there by John, his mom's angry drunk and high boy friend.  John's life was going down hill fast without any brakes and he was going to take as many as he could with him.

Throwing a half filled can. "You brats are weighing me down. I could be out right now partying. I'm tired of babysittin'.  You knuckleheads are dead weight".
"Dead weight"? We had an o.k. life before you came a long" "Go out and get wasted, your life is wasted anyway"!

"I'II waste you..." John came at Paul wigglin' a knife, chasing the boy back into his room. Mike began to shake and cry.  "You little girl. I wouldn't be caught dead with you around ,you little embarrassment, get outta here"!! John pushed Mike and his head careened  off the corner of a beer and vodka soaked end table.

John put on an old blues record and fell asleep in a spinning stupor until awakened the next morning by the boys real father.

Pray for discernment, wisdom and compassion, in the trials of others.

It's not a pretty picture.
It may be happening right now, somewhere in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...