Thursday, March 13, 2014

Night Light


Have you ever walked into a dark room at night that you have been in a zillion times and banged your toe into a table leg?  The next day I'm out buying a night light.

Whether you are a child or you have a grandchild;  there are moments when we awaken in the middle of the night and are afraid in the dark because we thought we heard something or your imagination was running wild!.

When I was eight or nine I remember waking to a figure on another bed in the room. It's face had a contorted insane grin. I laid still for hours sweating, daring not to move. Having fallen asleep I awoke early with daylight peering through the curtains. Remembering,  I peeked over the covers to see the twisted wrinkled blankets, still in the form of a contorted face with an insane grin.What we needed was a night light! Why?

The night light helps us see there is actually nothing to be afraid of. We can walk safely or even sleep in peace.  Jesus said "I am the light of the world."  Night lights come in every shape and character. You to, can be a guide and comfort to someone in their darkness.  Jesus said "You are the light of the world."

  "The Lord is my light and my salvation;  Whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalm 27:1.    (read that entire chapter).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...