Thursday, November 21, 2013

A list of Things I Don't Want at the Grocery Store.

I dread going to the grocery store.  Don't get me wrong I love the food and the intercom music there.  We write out a list and being the "man out on the hunt, I am armed with pen in hand, to scratch off the item on the list as I place it in the cart.


I also have a list of things I don't want:
  1.  circling for twenty minutes looking for a parking.
  2.  other circling cars in the parking lot
  3.  racing other cars to a spot two rows over.
  4.  losing that race.
  5.  getting run over walking to the store.
  6.  finding no carts available.
  7. everyone stopped at the first item by the door.
  8. a missing sign because I can't tell the difference between a zucchini and a cucumber.
  9. someone blocking an item deciding, while five of us wait  for five minutes.
  10. a price check at the cash register
  11. out of my favorite candy bar by register (for the ride home).
  12. getting run over on the way back to car.
  13. waiting for twenty people to cross as I'm driving out.
  14. women against men shoppers (W.A.M.S.) with a bucket, collecting money at the exit light.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...