Thursday, April 23, 2020

Quarantined with the Slobz family. (sequel to Christmas with the Slobz family)

(To be read with an English accent)


"I have lost track. How long have we been quarantined together? Asked Antwerp.
"I haven't any idea." Shouted his wife Sally, as she wiped her mouth of the last piece of blueberry pie.
"Two weeks and seventy-three hours." My wife whispered to me in the kitchen.

"What's for lunch?" Ima asked.  She was finally growing bored. Her and Ura (her brother) had hid my antique glass chess pieces playing hide and seek, and were unable to find them anymore.

"I'm wondering if this is all a bloody hoax!" coughed Antwerp.  "If only Sally hadn't caught it from the pub and brought it here, but our two families wouldn't have had this quality time together."

"What did you say was for lunch?"
"I didn't say sally." My wife looked as if she was about to do something she would regret.
"How about chops and chips." I intervened.
"We had that yesterday." Both kids shouted, sounding like fingernails on a school chalk board.

It sounded as if the entire Manchester football team was quarantined with us. The sound was unbearable.  Antwerp was begging the children to let him play the video games (they had brought with them).  While Sally continuously bragged about their ability to stack my books from our shelves so neat and so so high.

My wife ran in the living room with a grin.  "It's over.  A nurse from the hospital just called and the time has expired.  Now you all can go back to the place you call home!"

The children began to whimper and cry. 
"Ima Slobz, pack up your things in your back pack and let's go!"
"I'll help you!" I said jumping into action.

"Bit of tough news" Antwerp came from outside.
"The car won't start and there is petrol all over your lawn. the man from the garage said they were under quarantine as well and it would be a week until they could take a look."

My wife and I went to the back garden and collapsed in the chairs by the water feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...