Monday, October 20, 2014

Welcome Home

  Another great man  is absent from the body, and now present with the Lord.  Through Church, I have known Carl Stokes since I was an elementary school student. I knew even then, he was in charge.  From the beginning he was a friend to our family and a great example to me as well.

 Carl was among some good men in our church body.  That might have added to his strength, not having  to go it alone.  Being a man among men, this was a  man of  God, family, and others.  He was the conduit through whom Gods' blessings would flow, as he shared his resources of;  time, finances, effort, and love.

I remember, in my young teenage years, announcing I was a follower of Christ. Soon I began going on church visits with  pastor or mostly Carl, visiting those who were;  faithful, shut-in and the indifferent.  We went to the homes of the flock, sheep, and some goats, as well.  Carl could engage with both.  I have seen him at the altar, both repenting and praising.

I'll always have great memories of him,  as  the coach of our church softball team.  Many that were teenagers and young men then, are now grandfathers themselves.  Men and women in the body of Christ, some still involved in Church work,  because of that church having a team and Carl as our leader. He did what good coaches do and attempted to develop us for life and disciples of Christ.


Now, his family are my friends and family as well.  They know he loved them. We all do not grieve, as those without hope. We shall meet again! 

The other day He gave Jesus a very firm hand shake, and when they broke from their hug, Jesus looked him in the eyes and said:  "Well done."      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...