Thursday, August 20, 2026

What's your power source?

 They warned us it was coming, but when I could not see out the window and heard the wind, I knew this was the worst weather conditions I had met "face to face."

The power to our neighborhood said; "I've had enough" and moved out. The power moved away from miles and miles away, leaving us in the dark.

We drove from the neighborhood and saw why. There was devastation of nearby woods and trees fallen into yards and into homes. It was enough to make your heart and hope drop.

We had lost power; it was to be out for a number of days. We had wisely bought a generator for the refrigerator etc. from the last storm we had. Gas prices to run the generators made this storm expensive.

But it was beginning to be depressing, it was dark and very warm. I almost forgot what I looked like, looking in the mirror. (that might have been a good thing).

Last night our power was restored. Joy, and hope returned. The porch light returned as well, making all feel safer, because the freaks come out at night.

But... there are some nearby that are still without power. they still have those huge trees down, around and in their houses. Not far away the storms brought major flooding!

They need our prayers, this is not the Caribbean, or someone else, this has now happened to us and our friends, neighbors and relatives. 

May we now have compassion on those around the world that have had storms and lost homes and power (some have never had power). 

My prayers go out on the behalf of those nearby that still are living in the consequences of a storm.

**************************************

Many of us quiet people in a quiet neighborhood, talked and waved more than ever.  I don't believe we'll have a block party. But I can guarantee, we will be talking and waving a lot more. 

A storm often brings a disconnect with power and there is great joy and relief, when the reconnection is made. 

Make the connection with the Lord and others around you, there's great power in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Three Concrete Steps

The Christians of the first century, attending "The First Church of Jerusalem"  did not wait for an announcement on Face book o...